Big thanks to IL Meetings + Events Magazine for featuring our top 10 foodie trends for hosting parties!
The Holidays are Here! Hosting Tips & Deals to Wrap Up
By: Selena Fragassi on December 4, 2015
From our Illinois Meetings + Events family to yours, we wanted to wish you a very happy holiday season. Now that decking the halls and spreading good cheer are underway, we also wanted to give you the gift of insider info when it comes to holiday entertaining and finding the best deals.
First is a list of the top 10 foodie trends for hosting your parties, courtesy of Paramount Events:
– Keep guests toasty with chili pop-up stations
– Add a touch of gold to create shiny treats like chocolate hazelnut tarts
– Create sides-only menus, with suggestions for grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes cauliflower and more
– Add purple carrots, parsnips and other vibrant ingredients to dishes for more color
– Infuse drink and food items with natural smoke such as applewood, cherry or hickory
– Whip up steamy soups like autumn sweet potato
– Serve seasonal beverages like winter tea cocktails
– Incorporate popular game meats like bison and venison into party meals
– Host retro-style dinners with items like deviled eggs and spicy Sriracha mousse
– Cook savory pies with ingredients like short rib and root vegetables
We also scooped some great holiday deals and incentives for meetings and events in Chicago, the burbs and just over the border:
Hyatt Regency Chicago: With the announcement of the “Meetings. Nailed It” program, the hotel offers a new deal: Meetings booked and actualized by April 2016 will receive complimentary Internet in booked meeting and event space(s) for general attendee use and 50% off audio visual production labor. Additional concessions offered include 1 complimentary guest room per 50 actualized, a 10% food and beverage discount, complimentary guest room Internet and complimentary meeting room rental.
Blue Harbor Resort: The Sheboygan, Wisconsin property has a new “Spirit of Giving Back” promotion, allowing corporate clients that book a meeting, conference, special event or tradeshow Sunday through Thursday to donate 10 percent of the bill to the charity of their choice. As well, businesses choosing not to implement a charitable donation through this program can choose a 10 percent discount instead.
Le Meridien Oakbrook: For a limited time, the hotel offers an exclusive benefit for groups who book and actualize two events by the end of 2015. Guests have the choice of one benefit, including complimentary meeting room rental, complimentary AM or PM break or complimentary private event Internet access. Along with meeting benefits, overnight guests will be offered complimentary parking and shuttle services, 24-hour fitness center, 24 hour in-room dining and more.
Happy Holidays and Happy Planning!
Click Here to see the full article!