Chocolate candies, sugary hearts, sprinkled confections, oh my! Have you ever wondered why you feel extra in love with your sweetheart around this time of year? It may be more than butterflies causing you to fall head over heels!
We have all heard about aphrodisiacs, those certain foods that give you heart eyes for your honey. Aphrodisiacs get your heart pumping, and your blood flowing. *Cue the Marvin Gaye*
But what kinds of foods will make your honey feel extra special, you ask? Plan a meal around oysters, pomegranates, nuts, and an old classic, figs!
Below is a recipe for Honey Roasted Figs that is sure to please your sweetheart:
• 4 figs, cut in half
• 1 t butter
• 1 T honey
• 1 orange
• 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
• ¼ C chopped pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the figs into a shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper. Place a little bit of butter on top of each fig half. Zest and juice the orange, keeping the two separate. Mix the honey and orange juice in a small bowl, then pour over the top of the figs.
2. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until sticky and soft.
3. While the figs are baking, place the Greek yogurt into a small bowl, add the zest of the orange and mix together.
4. To serve, place the warm figs into a serving bowl and place a dollop of the orange yogurt on top. Add a sprinkling of pistachios and voila!
For more recipes on how to make your valentine sing, follow along with our curated Paramount Event’s Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board
Want our help for a full valentine’s day spread? Call or email!
(773) 880-8044 | INFO@PARAMOUNTEVENTSCHICAGO.COM