Our very own Chef Devon will be at Green City Market for a live cooking demo Saturday May, 14th at 10:30 am. In anticipation of the event Green City Market had a few fun questions for Devon, which he answered below and over on their blog.
- What is your favorite Green City Market product? I always look for the freshest produce. Asparagus and spring onions are looking good right now.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Chicago (other than shop at Green City Market, of course)? I spend most of my days in our kitchen. I love it. It is what we do. I also like to check out other restaurants, for inspiration and nourishment.
- What is in your fridge right now? LaCroix, beer, milk, deli meat, cheese, and Danimals.
- What is one tip you have for home cooks shopping at Green City Market? Talk to the farmers. Ask them what is the freshest things that they have. Plan your meal around the ingredients.
- What is the one food you couldn’t live without? Bread.